Online Banking Security Tips
What you can do to protect against fraud:
- Modify the phone's settings so that only message from authorized numbers are allowed.
- Add the Salem Five short code (72080) and customer service phone number (800) 850-5000 to your contacts and only initiate SMS and phone calls from your contact list.
- Do not reply to SMS messages that do not exist in your contact list.
- Do not call phone numbers not in your contact list. If you are unsure about a phone number, you may text "Help" to the Salem Five short code (72080) and compare phone numbers. Only call numbers in your Help response or in your contact list to avoid Vishing.
- Bookmark the Salem Five web site (www.salemfive.com) and only use this bookmark to access the site to avoid phishing.
- Avoid using unsecured, public WIFI networks to access financial accounts with mobile devices.
- Always use your cellular network when conducting mobile financial services.
- Only download apps from stores, such as Apple & Android, that are submitted and branded by Salem Five.
- Know that if you communicate with us via email using email@example.com, you WILL need to provide identification information via CISCO secure email.
Types of Mobile Fraud
Financial Education Center
Get important information and tips
Watch the videos to get valuable financial information and tips. If you have questions or concerns about Identity Theft Prevention , please contact your local branch or contact Customer support at (800) 850-5000 during regular banking hours.