Salem Five Mortgage Company Growing with New Loan Officer Hires
Salem, Mass., January 2, 2020 – Salem Five Mortgage Company is pleased to announce the hiring of the following experienced loan officers to service homebuyers throughout greater Boston. “This is an exciting time for Salem Five Mortgage as we expand our outstanding team to offer homebuyers throughout the region a high level of personalized service and the best mortgage products available” said Salem Five Mortgage President Ed McDonald. “Not only have we brought in seasoned loan officers, we’ve added support staff and invested in technology to deliver exemplary service and best practices that are a hallmark of our team.”
New Salem Five Mortgage team members include:
- Vice President of Loan Officer Development Dave Shrewsbury: Shrewsbury will help both new and existing loan officers reach their full potential with ongoing training programs. Shrewsbury comes to Salem Five from Radian Mortgage Insurance where he worked in business development. Prior to that role, Shrewsbury was the regional manager for NE Moves Mortgage. He graduated from Hartwick College with a bachelor’s degree in economics.
- Vice President of Residential Lending Jean Duerr: Duerr’s many specialties include FHA, VA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and jumbo mortgages. She is committed to exceeding customer expectations in all areas of lending. Duerr comes to Salem Five from Patriot Community Bank and The Mortgage Specialists. She graduated from Salem State College with a bachelor’s degree in program/accounting and has over 30 years of lending experience.
- Senior Loan Officer (Lowell) Andrew Adams: Adams specializes in renovation and new construction products with the goal of helping his clients choose loans that best fit their financial needs. With over 30 years of lending experience, Adams comes to Salem Five from Hunt Mortgage Company and Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. He graduated from the University of Rhode Island with a bachelor’s degree in economics.
- Senior Loan Officer (Lowell) Natalia Berbesi: Berbesi specializes in first-time home buying and residential mortgages. She comes to Salem Five from Santander Bank where she worked as a mortgage loan officer. Her primary focus is providing clients with the best information and options available to them.
- Senior Loan Officer (Stoneham) CindyLou Gergler: Gergler comes to Salem Five with over seven years of lending experience from Santander Bank and Gateway One Lending & Finance. She graduated from the University of Maine at Farmington with a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts.
Salem Five has offered mortgages since 1855 and has financed more homes than any other Massachusetts bank. It currently operates four mortgage offices in Massachusetts, with locations in Hyannis, Mansfield, Plymouth and Salem.
Salem Five Bancorp is the parent bank holding company of Salem Five (www.salemfive.com), a mutual institution founded in 1855. Salem Five aims to make money less complicated and thereby make customers’ lives simpler and easier by offering sophisticated retail and commercial banking products, personalized service and innovative technology. Salem Five is one of the largest Massachusetts-headquartered banks with $5 billion in assets and 35 retail branches in Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk and Suffolk counties. Divisions include Salem Five Mortgage Company, which has financed more homes than any other Massachusetts bank; Salem Five Investment Services which offers financial and retirement income planning, portfolio review and money management; and Salem Five Insurance Agency, which provides personal and commercial insurance. Salem Five deposits are insured through the FDIC and DIF. Salem Five Mortgage Company’s NMLS # is 4662. Equal Housing Lender. Securities are offered through LPL Financial, member FINRA/SIPC. Life insurance products are offered through LPL Financial or its licensed affiliates. Insurance and investment products are not FDIC insured, not bank guaranteed, may lose value, not a deposit, and not insured by any federal government agency.
FOR MORE INFORMATION