Transfers Within Salem Five
You may initiate a single or recurring transfer to or from your selected Salem Five accounts (“Internal Transfers”). To ensure immediate posting, single Internal Transfers should be made before 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday and before 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time on Saturday. Single Internal Transfers made after these cutoff times will be posted on the next business day. Recurring transfers are posted on the date you schedule them to occur.
Canceling Internal Transfers: Transfers between your Salem Five accounts, other than future dated transfers, are completed immediately and cannot be cancelled or modified. Future transfers may be cancelled or modified as long as they still appear on the “Scheduled Transfers List.”.
Bill Payments via CheckFree®
- Description of Service. The term “Bill Payment Terms” means these Bill Payment Service Additional Terms. The bill payment service (for purposes of these Bill Payment Terms, and the General Terms as they apply to these Bill Payment Terms, the "Service") enables you to receive, view, and pay bills from the Site.
- Payment Scheduling. The earliest possible Scheduled Payment Date for each Biller will be designated within the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered when you are scheduling the payment. Therefore, the Service will not permit you to select a Scheduled Payment Date less than the earliest possible Scheduled Payment Date designated for each Biller. When scheduling payments you must select a Scheduled Payment Date that is no later than the actual Due Date reflected on your Biller statement unless the Due Date falls on a non-Business Day. If the actual Due Date falls on a non-Business Day, you must select a Scheduled Payment Date that is at least one (1) Business Day before the actual Due Date. Scheduled Payment Dates must be prior to any late date or grace period. Depending on the method of payment, your Eligible Transaction Account may be debited prior to the Scheduled Payment Date. For example, if the selected method of payment is a draft, the draft arrives earlier than the Scheduled Payment Date due to expedited delivery by the postal service, and the Biller immediately deposits the draft, your Eligible Transaction Account may be debited earlier than the Scheduled Payment Date.
- The Service Guarantee. Due to circumstances beyond the control of the Service, particularly delays in handling and posting payments by Billers or financial institutions, some transactions may take longer to be credited to your account. The Service will bear responsibility for any late payment related charges up to $50.00 should a payment post after its Due Date as long as the payment was scheduled in accordance with the Section 2 of the Bill Payment Terms (Payment Scheduling).
- Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance. By providing the Service with names and account information of Billers to whom you wish to direct payments, you authorize the Service to follow the Payment Instructions that it receives through the Site. In order to process payments more efficiently and effectively, the Service may edit or alter payment data or data formats in accordance with Biller directives.
When the Service receives a Payment Instruction, you authorize the Service to debit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf so that the funds arrive as close as reasonably possible to the Scheduled Payment Date designated by you. You also authorize the Service to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for payments returned to the Service by the United States Postal Service or Biller, or payments remitted to you on behalf of another authorized user of the Service.
The Service will attempt to make all your payments properly. However, the Service shall incur no liability and any Service Guarantee (as described in Section 3 of the Bill Payment Terms) shall be void if the Service is unable to complete any payments initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If, through no fault of the Service, your Eligible Transaction Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transaction or the transaction would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
- The payment processing center is not working properly and you know or have been advised by the Service about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;
- You have not provided the Service with the correct Eligible Transaction Account information, or the correct name, address, phone number, or account information for the Biller; and/or,
- Circumstances beyond control of the Service (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transaction and the Service has taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
- Provided none of the foregoing exceptions are applicable, if the Service causes an incorrect amount of funds to be removed from your Eligible Transaction Account or causes funds from your Eligible Transaction Account to be directed to a Biller which does not comply with your Payment Instructions, the Service shall be responsible for returning the improperly transferred funds to your Eligible Transaction Account, and for directing to the proper Biller any previously misdirected transactions, and, if applicable, for any late payment related charges.
- Payment Cancellation Requests. You may cancel or edit any Scheduled Payment (including recurring payments) by following the directions within the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered. There is no charge for canceling or editing a Scheduled Payment. Once the Service has begun processing a payment it cannot be cancelled or edited, therefore a stop payment request must be submitted.
- Stop Payment Requests. The Bank’s ability to process a stop payment request will depend on the payment method and whether or not a check has cleared. The Bank may also not have a reasonable opportunity to act on any stop payment request after a payment has been processed. If you desire to stop any payment that has already been processed, you must contact Customer Service at (800) 850-5000. Although the Bank will make every effort to accommodate your request, the Bank will have no liability for failing to do so.
- The Service may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each stop payment request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
- Exception Payments Requests. Exception Payments may be scheduled through the Service; however Exception Payments are discouraged and must be scheduled at your own risk. In no event shall the Service be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of Exception Payments. The Service Guarantee (as described in Section 3 of the Bill Payment Terms) as it applies to any late payment related charges is void when Exception Payments are scheduled and/or processed by the Service. The Service has no obligation to research or resolve any claim resulting from an Exception Payment; all research and resolution for any misapplied, mis-posted or misdirected payments will be the sole responsibility of you and not of the Service.
- Bill Delivery and Presentment. The Service includes a feature that electronically presents you with electronic bills from select Billers. Electronic bills may not be available from all of your Billers. Electronic bills are provided as a convenience only, and you remain solely responsible for contacting your Billers directly if you do not receive their statements. In addition, if you elect to activate one of the Service's electronic bill options, you also agree to the following:
- Presentation of electronic bills – You will receive electronic bills from a Biller only if both: (a) you have designated it in the Service as one of your Billers, and (b) the Biller has arranged with our Service Provider to deliver electronic bills. The Service may then present you with electronic bills from that Biller if either: (1) you affirmatively elect online within the Service to receive electronic bills from the Biller, or (2) the Biller chooses to send you electronic bills on a temporary “trial basis.” In either case, you can elect online within the Service to stop receiving electronic bills from a Biller. Electing to receive electronic bills, automatically receiving trial electronic bills, and declining further elected or trial electronic bills all occur on an individual Biller basis. The Service does not include an option to prevent ever participating in the automatic trial electronic bill feature. When affirmatively electing to receive electronic bills from a particular Biller, you may be presented with terms from that Biller for your acceptance. We are not a party to such terms.
- Paper Copies of electronic bills – If you start receiving electronic bills from a Biller, the Biller may stop sending you paper or other statements. The ability to receive a paper copy of your statement(s) is at the sole discretion of the Biller. Check with the individual Biller regarding your ability to obtain paper copies of electronic bills on a regular or as-requested basis.
- Sharing Information with Billers – You authorize us to share identifying personal information about you (such as name, address, telephone number, Biller account number) with companies that you have identified as your Billers and which we have identified as offering electronic bills for purposes of matching your identity on the Service’s records and the Biller’s records to (a) activate your affirmative request for electronic bills, and/or (b) confirm your eligibility for “trial basis” electronic bills.
- Information held by the Biller. We are unable to update or change your personal information such as, but not limited to, name, address, phone numbers and email addresses that is held by the Biller. Any changes will require you to contact the Biller directly. Additionally it is your responsibility to maintain all usernames and passwords for all electronic Biller sites. You also agree not to use someone else's information to gain unauthorized access to another person's bill. We may, at the request of the Biller, provide to the Biller your email address, service address, or other data specifically requested by the Biller for purposes of the Biller matching your identity against its records or informing you about the Biller’s services and/or bill information.
- Activation. We will notify the Biller of your request to receive electronic billing information. The presentment of your first electronic bill may vary from Biller to Biller and may take up to sixty (60) days, depending on the billing cycle of each Biller. While your electronic bill feature is being activated it is your responsibility to keep your accounts current. Each electronic Biller reserves the right to accept or deny your request to receive electronic bills.
- Authorization to obtain bill data. You authorize us to obtain bill data from your Billers that you have requested to send you electronic bills, and from your Billers that wish to send you trial electronic bills. For some Billers, you will be asked to provide us with your user name and password for that Biller. By providing us with such information, you authorize us to use the information to obtain your bill data.
- Notification. We will attempt to present all of your electronic bills promptly. In addition to notification within the Service, we may send an e-mail notification to the e-mail address listed for your account. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that this information is accurate. In the event you do not receive notification, it is your responsibility to periodically logon to the Service and check on the delivery of new electronic bills. The time for notification may vary from Biller to Biller. You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills.
- Cancellation of electronic bill notification. The electronic Biller reserves the right to cancel the presentment of electronic bills at any time. You may cancel electronic bill presentment at any time. The timeframe for cancellation of your electronic bill presentment may vary from Biller to Biller. It may take up to sixty (60) days, depending on the billing cycle of each Biller. We will notify your electronic Biller(s) as to the change in status of your account and it is your sole responsibility to make arrangements for an alternative form of bill delivery. We will not be responsible for presenting any electronic bills that are already in process at the time of cancellation.
- Non-Delivery of electronic bill(s). You agree to hold us harmless should the Biller fail to deliver your statement(s). You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills. Copies of previously delivered bills must be requested from the Biller directly.
- Accuracy and dispute of electronic bill. We are not responsible for the accuracy of your electronic bill(s). We are only responsible for presenting the information we receive from the Biller. Any discrepancies or disputes regarding the accuracy of your electronic bill summary or detail must be directly addressed and resolved with the Biller by you
This Agreement does not alter your liability or obligations that currently exist between you and your Billers.
- Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Service or Site. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Service was used, except for fees that are specifically use-based. Use-based fees for the Service will be charged against the Billing Account. There may also be charges for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize the Service to deduct the calculated amount from your designated Billing Account. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 18 of the General Terms (Failed or Returned Payment Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Service, including without limitation if we debit the Billing Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the Billing Account.
- Biller Limitation. The Service reserves the right to refuse to pay any Biller to whom you may direct a payment. The Service will notify you promptly if it decides to refuse to pay a Biller designated by you. This notification is not required if you attempt to make a prohibited payment as set forth in Section 13 of the General Terms (Prohibited Payments) or an Exception Payment under this Agreement.
- Returned Payments. In using the Service, you understand that Billers and/or the United States Postal Service may return payments to the Service for various reasons such as, but not limited to, Biller's forwarding address expired; Biller account number is not valid; Biller is unable to locate account; or Biller account is paid in full. The Service will attempt to research and correct the returned payment and return it to your Biller, or void the payment and credit your Eligible Transaction Account. You may receive notification from the Service.
- Information Authorization. In addition to Section 20 of the General Terms (Information Authorization), you agree that the Service reserves the right to obtain financial information regarding your account from a Biller or your financial institution (for example, to resolve payment posting problems or for verification).
3. Transfers Outside of Salem Five
Transfers outside of Salem Five may be made by either External Transfer (TransferNow) or Pay People Transfer (PopMoney). You may not transfer funds to or from an account located outside the United States or U.S. Territories.
A. External Transfers (TransferNow)
If you have a consumer account and you have selected Account View and Transfer or Account View and Transfer with Bill Payment, you may originate the electronic transfer of funds into your account at Salem Five from an account in your name at a financial institution outside of Salem Five and you may originate the electronic transfer of funds from your account at Salem Five to an account in your name at a financial institution outside of Salem Five (both called “External Transfers”). External Transfers are not available using Salem Five Online Banking through Quicken® or when using a mobile device.
When you originate External Transfers, you authorize Salem Five and our service provider to initiate debit and credit entries, upon your instructions, to your Salem Five account and your account at the financial institution(s) outside of Salem Five that you designate, using the Automated Clearing House (ACH) or other payment transfer method. You agree and warrant to us that you will only originate External Transfers to or from accounts for which you have the authority to transfer funds, and that by disclosing information to us regarding those accounts to affect your transfers, you are not violating any third party rights. Not all types of accounts may be eligible for External Transfers, so you should check with the institution for any restrictions on transfers.
To ensure your security, before you add an outside account for External Transfers, originate a new External Transfer, edit an existing periodic External Transfer, or change your phone number through Online Banking, you may be required to authenticate who you are, using a method of authentication you select. Before you originate an External Transfer, you will be asked to complete a test transaction. If the test transaction fails or is rejected, for security purposes we may decline your External Transfer request(s) and any or all other transactions, and we may close your account, with or without notice to you.
External Transfers may be originated on a single entry or recurring basis. One time transfers may be scheduled immediately or scheduled for a future date. To ensure same day processing, you must schedule your External Transfer by 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time. A recurring transfer allows you to transfer a set amount at regular intervals. Your authorization for any recurring External Transfers will remain in full force and effect until you revoke it in such timely manner as to afford Salem Five a reasonable opportunity to act on your direction.
One time External Transfers cannot be scheduled to occur on a non-business day. Recurring External Transfers scheduled to occur on a non-business day will be processed on the next business day.
Limitations: For security reasons, the Bank has established limits on the amount of funds that can be transferred via External Transfers. External Transfers from your account are limited to $5,000 per transaction; $5,000 in aggregate per day; and $20,000 in aggregate per rolling 30 days. You may make a maximum of 3 external transfers from your account per day and a maximum of 25 external transfers from your account per rolling 30 days.
External Transfers into your Salem Five account are limited to $15,000 per transaction, $25,000 in aggregate per day and $25,000 in aggregate per rolling 30 days. There is no charge for incoming transfers. You may make a maximum of 3 external transfers to your account per day and a maximum of 25 external transfers to your account per rolling 30 days.
We reserve the right to change your External Transfer dollar limit at any time. If we decrease the dollar limit, we will notify you as required by law, but we may not notify you if we are restricting your transfer limits for security purposes or because of excessive overdrafts to your Salem Five account.
For the purpose of External Transfers, your account is considered a New Account for the first 90 days it is open, whether you are a new or existing customer of Salem Five. When you initiate an External Transfer from your account outside of Salem Five to your Salem Five account, you are initiating an ACH debit transfer to your external account and a corresponding credit to your Salem Five account. Credits received to a New Account via an External Transfer will be available for withdrawal on the fifth business day after receipt. After the first 90 days your Salem Five account is open, credits received to your account via External Transfer are available for withdrawal on the third business day after receipt.
It may take up to three business days for an External Transfer you initiate to be received into your account.
A fee may be charged for External Transfers. Consult our current Fee Schedule for applicable fees.
Canceling External Transfers: Single entry transfers scheduled to be effected immediately can be cancelled before 7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the day of your origination. Future dated single entry transfers and recurring transfers can be cancelled prior to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the bank business day prior to the date the transfer is scheduled to be made.
B. Pay People Transfers (Popmoney)
2. Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance.
a. By providing us with names and telephone numbers, email addresses, and/or bank account information of Receivers to whom you wish to direct payments, you authorize us to follow the Payment Instructions that we receive through the Service. Once registered, you authorize us to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for payments remitted to you on behalf of a Sender without further approval from you.
b. When we receive a Payment Instruction from you, you authorize us to debit your Eligible Transaction Account for the amount of any such Payment Instruction plus any related fees in effect (and as disclosed on the Site) at the time you initiate the Payment Instruction, and to remit funds on your behalf. You acknowledge and agree that any applicable fees will be charged when we receive a Payment Instruction from you, regardless of whether the Payment Instruction is ultimately completed. You also authorize us to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for the receipt of payments, including but not limited to those payments returned to us from Receivers to whom you sent payment(s) and those payments that were cancelled and returned to you because the processing of the Payment Instruction could not be completed.
c. You acknowledge and agree that if your Payment Instructions identify an account by name and account number, the relevant financial institution may execute those Payment Instructions by reference to the account number only, even if such account number does not correspond to the account name. You further acknowledge and agree that financial institutions holding the account may choose to not investigate discrepancies between account names and account numbers. We have no responsibility to investigate discrepancies between account names and account numbers, outside of our obligations under the law to investigate errors, described above in Section 22 of the General Terms (Errors, Questions, and Complaints).
d. You agree that we will not be liable in any way for any payments that you may receive, regardless of whether you authorized the Sender to send them to you.
e. We will use reasonable efforts to complete all your Payment Instructions properly. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transaction because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If, through no fault of ours, the Eligible Transaction Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the Payment Instruction or the Payment Instruction would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
- The Service is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the Payment Instruction;
- The payment is refused as described in Section 5 of the Popmoney Terms below;
- You have not provided us with the correct information, including but not limited to the correct Payment Instructions or Eligible Transaction Account information, or the correct name and address or mobile phone number of the Receiver to whom you are initiating a Payment Instruction; and/or,
- Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, network or system down time, issues with the financial institution, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the Payment Instruction.
f. It is the responsibility of the Sender and the Receiver to ensure the accuracy of any information that they enter into the Service (including but not limited to the Payment Instructions and name, telephone number and/or email address for the Receiver to whom you are attempting to send a payment), and for informing us as soon as possible if they become aware that this information is inaccurate. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a payment made to the wrong person or entity once informed, but we do not guarantee such stoppage or recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information entered by the Sender or Receiver.
3. Initiation of Payment Instructions. You may initiate (a) a one-time Payment Instruction to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated immediately, (b) a one-time Payment Instruction to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated at a later specified date up to one (1) year, and (c) a recurring series of Payment Instructions to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated on the specified dates. Further details about each of these options can be found on the Site.
Payment Instructions initiated to Receivers are processed in two ways. You can provide all the required information about the Receiver, including his/her Eligible Transaction Account, necessary to complete a transfer of funds. Alternatively, you can provide contact information about the Receiver (including an email address and/or mobile telephone number) and the Popmoney Service may contact the Receiver and request that the Receiver (i) provide information so that we may validate the identity of the Receiver at the Popmoney Website and then (ii) provide Eligible Transaction Account information in order to complete the Payment Instruction (a "Two-Step Transfer"). If the Receiver maintains an Eligible Transaction Account with an institution that participates in or offers the Popmoney Service, the Receiver may access the Popmoney Service at his or her financial institution’s website or mobile application to complete the Payment Instruction and receive the payment.
You understand and agree that when you initiate a Payment Instruction from an Eligible Transaction Account using the Popmoney Service, the processing of the Payment Instruction will begin and the debiting of your Eligible Transaction Account will occur as early as the day of such initiation. However, the payment funds will be transferred into the Receiver's Eligible Transaction Account no earlier than the next Business Day after you initiated the Payment Instruction. If you request a one-time Payment Instruction to be initiated on a specified date or a recurring series of Payment Instruction to be initiated on specified dates, then the processing of the Payment Instruction will begin on the specified date and the debiting of your Eligible Transaction Account will occur as early as the specified date(s). However, the payment funds will be transferred into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account no earlier than the next Business Day following the specified date. In addition, in the case of all Two-Step Transfers, the deposit of the payment funds into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account (even if debited or withdrawn from your Eligible Transaction Account), or receipt of a gift card, if applicable, may be delayed if the Receiver has not provided the Popmoney Service with certain required information such as his or her Eligible Transaction Account information, or, in the case of a gift card, if applicable, a valid U.S. street address for gift cards that are physically delivered. The Site may contain additional information regarding the delivery of a payment to an Eligible Transaction Account or the delivery of a gift card, if applicable.
You acknowledge and agree that we will begin to process the requested transfer of funds once the Receiver has provided (or we otherwise obtain) all required information, and you hereby authorize and direct us to retain such funds until the earlier of such time as the Receiver has provided (or we otherwise obtain) all required information or ten (10) Business Days. You further acknowledge and agree that our receipt of money to be transmitted to a Receiver shall not be deemed to have occurred and our obligation to complete a Payment Instruction shall not begin until such time as the Receiver provides us with (or we otherwise obtain) all required information necessary to process the related Payment Instruction in accordance with this Agreement. Any cancellation of a Payment Instruction prior to the Receiver providing us with such information shall be subject to the provisions of Section 5 of the Popmoney Terms, below.
4. Limitations: For security reasons, the Bank has established limits on the amount of funds that can be transferred via Pay People Transfers. Pay People Transfers sent to the recipient’s bank account, email or mobile are limited to $1,000 per transaction and $1,000 in aggregate per day and $4,000 in aggregate per month. Additionally, the Bank’s service provides expedited delivery options for a fee. These options allow funds to be transferred either immediately or next day. The daily/monthly limit for immediate delivery is $500 and $1000, respectively, and $100 and $400, respectively for next day availability. These amounts are aggregated in the overall daily and monthly aggregates noted above. We reserve the right to change your Pay People Transfer dollar limit at any time. If we decrease the dollar limit, we will notify you as required by law, but we may not notify you if we are restricting your transfer limits for security purposes or because of excessive overdrafts to your Salem Five account.
It may take up to three business days for a transfer you initiate from your account via email, mobile, or deposit to the recipient’s bank account to be received by the recipient.
If you conduct Pay People Transfers from a money market account or savings account please note that the transfers are included in the aggregate permitted amount of 6 combined pre-authorized, automatic, or telephone transfers per statement period from said account to third parties. Transfers or withdrawals by debit card or similar order payable to third parties are also included in the aggregate limit of pre-authorized transfers.
5. Receiving Payments.
If another person wants to initiate a Payment Instruction (including in response to a Popmoney Request, if applicable) using the Popmoney Service to an Eligible Transaction Account you hold or, as applicable, if you as a Requestor want to initiate a Popmoney Request, he, she or you can do that from the Site or from an Eligible Transaction Account at a financial institution that participates in the Popmoney Service or at the Popmoney Website. Or, as applicable, if another person wants to send you a gift card using the Service, he or she can do that from an Eligible Transaction Account at a financial institution that participates in the Service and makes available the purchase of gift cards through the Service.
You understand and agree that there may be a delay between the time you are notified of the pending Payment Instruction and the deposit of the payment funds into your Eligible Transaction Account, and you may be required to take additional steps to facilitate the deposit of the payment of funds into your Eligible Transaction Account. You authorize the Sender, the financial institution which holds the Sender's Eligible Transaction Account and us (including through the Site) to send emails to you and text messages to your mobile phone in connection with the Sender's initiation of Payment Instructions to you, and, as a Receiver, you may also receive gift cards or Popmoney Requests, each as applicable, from others through the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that in the event that funds are transferred into your Eligible Transaction Account as a result of a Payment Instruction and it is determined that such transfer was improper because it was not authorized by the sender, because there were not sufficient funds in the sender's account, or for any other reason, then you hereby authorize us or our Service Provider to withdraw from your Eligible Transaction Account an amount equal to the amount of funds improperly transferred to you.
If applicable, if you as a Requestor initiate a Popmoney Request using the Service you acknowledge and agree that as disclosed on the Site (a) the applicable service fee will be deducted from payments received by you from a Sender(s), and (b) no service fee will be charged if you as the Requestor do not receive any payments from the individuals to whom the Popmoney Request is sent. Further details about the foregoing can be found on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that individuals to whom you send a Popmoney Request may not receive, or otherwise may reject or ignore, your Popmoney Request. We do not guarantee that you will receive any payments from individuals by initiating a Popmoney Request.
6. Payment Cancellation, Stop Payment Requests and Refused Payments. Sender may cancel the initiation of a Payment Instruction or stop a Payment Instruction at any time until the processing of the Payment Instruction into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account has begun. Our ability to stop a Payment Instruction or recover funds associated with an unauthorized Payment Instruction will depend on the manner in which the Payment Instruction was initiated, and whether the Payment Instruction to the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account has begun processing. Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate a stop payment request and to recover funds associated with an unauthorized Payment Instruction, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your stop payment request or request to recover funds in writing within fourteen (14) days after contacting customer care. If we charge you to stop the payment or recover funds, then the charge for each stop payment or fund recovery request will be the current charge as set out in our current fee schedule. Payments not claimed by a Receiver will be automatically cancelled ten (10) days after the processing of the payment begins. When a Sender initiates a Payment Instruction, the Receiver is not required to accept the payment. You agree that you as a Sender will not hold us liable for any damages resulting from a Receiver’s decision to accept or not to accept a Payment Instruction initiated or attempted through the Service. We will, to the extent permitted by law, make reasonable attempts to return any unclaimed, refused, refunded, prohibited, or denied payment to your Eligible Transaction Account or use other reasonable efforts to return such payment to you as permitted by law.
7. Mobile Phone Users. Your phone service provider is not the provider of the Service. Users of the Service will receive text messages relating to their Payment Instructions and other notices from time to time if a mobile phone number is provided. Data and messaging charges from your telecommunications provider may apply, and you are responsible for any such charges. In the event your enrolled mobile device is lost or stolen, you agree to update your enrollment information and make the appropriate changes to disable the use of such device. You understand that there are risks associated with using a mobile device, and that in the event of theft or loss, your confidential information could be compromised. If you have questions about mobile service, you may send a text message with the word "HELP" to this number: 767666. To stop receiving text messages on your mobile phone, text "STOP" to this number: 767666.
8. Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Service or Site. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY APPLICABLE FEES WILL BE CHARGED REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED, UNLESS THE FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE INSTRUCTION IS SOLELY DUE TO OUR FAULT, except for those fees that are specifically use-based, such as Request Money, if applicable. There may be a charge for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from your designated Eligible Transaction Account for these amounts and any additional charges that may be incurred by you. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts (or Other Eligible Transaction Accounts) will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 18 of the General Terms (Failed or Returned Payment Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Service, including without limitation if we debit the Eligible Transaction Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the Eligible Transaction Account.
9. Refused Payments. We reserve the right to refuse to pay any Receiver. We will attempt to notify the Sender promptly if we decide to refuse to pay a Receiver designated by the Sender. This notification is not required if you attempt to make a prohibited payment under this Agreement.
10. Returned Payments. In using the Service, you understand that Receivers may reject Payment Instructions or otherwise return payments. We will use reasonable efforts to complete Payment Instructions initiated through the Service.