Commercial Real Estate
For over 150 years, Salem Five has played an active role in commercial real estate development throughout New England. Our experienced loan officers listen to your needs and put their wisdom to work for you – whether you have a simple or complex bid. With over $2.7 billion in assets, we have the resources to fund all types of commercial transactions. We are also proud to be one of the safest financial institutions in the country, with a tier-one capital ratio and an earnings record far exceeding industry standards.
Find out how we can work with you:
- Rates -- Fixed or floating, we can do both. Each situation is evaluated on its own merits. We price loans based on most of the well-known, major indices such as Libor, Federal Home Loan Bank, etc. The rate depends on each particular property. We constantly survey the market to ensure we are highly competitive with all area lenders
- Property Types -- Apartments (5+ units), Industrial, Flex Space, Office, Retail, and many others
- Loan Size -- $1,000,000 to $20,000,000, we can do it; we can even arrange loans of higher amounts through a strong syndicate of participating banks
- Terms -- 12 months to 10 years
- Amortization -- Generally up to 20 years; in some cases 25 years is permissible
- Loan to Value -- Varies by property type, most up to 75%
- Debt Service Coverage -- Generally at least 1.25x
- Recourse -- We offer both recourse and non-recourse programs; non-recourse generally requires property leverage less than 50% and strong long term viability
- Location -- Across New England
Are you a Salem Five client but haven't activated your Web Cash Manager? Enroll today.